Thursday, September 18, 2008

Writing

Honestly, I've been writing since I was a little girl. In elementary school I used to put my short stories in competitions throughout the school. I believe that writing is something that runs in my blood. My mother used to do calligraphy and poetry as a side job, as did my grandfather. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood and have something to say, I put it on paper because it makes me feel better. Whether I'm writing a personal journal entry, or a simple "to do" list, I find it relaxing to look at my thoughts on paper.
In school, I always found writing to be an easy task. In high school I was required to keep a "writer's notebook" and have at least 3 pages per week. I was always the one with a filled notebook by the end of the first semester. I don't really know how to explain it, but writing is just something that makes me feel better about my thoughts, and keeps me organized when it comes to important things to do.
Although I find writing difficult at times, I really do enjoy it. A lot of times when I receive a writing assignment I would much rather write about something else, but I can always overcome the irritation of some subjects. I find that writing for school allows me to discover different places, people, cultures, etc. depending on what I'm writing about.

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

The trick is to turn your penchant for creative writing into an academic skill. Sometimes the most prolific journal writers have a tough time with revision...